Imam Mehdi as is 12th Imam or leader of Muslims. He was born in 255 H.J in the house of Imam Hassan Askari (as) and Bibi Nargis (Lady Nargis). The rulers at that time were curious about the birth of Imam Mehdi as. They knew that there would be one descendent from the family of Ahle Bait (as) who would demolish the rule of falsehood and he would rule the world with justice.
Imam Mehdi (as) spent about five years under the Imamat of his father i.e. Imam Hassan Askari (as). Soon after the martyrdom of his father, the ruler wanted to kill Imam Mehdi (as) also as he knew what would happen. Imam Mehdi (as) went absent from the eyes of the people. This time period was called “Ghaibat e Sughra”. The time period of it was for 69 years, in which Imam Mehdi (as) used to communicate through his deputies with the people. But soon this time period came to an end with the death of 4th deputy Abul Hassan Ali ibn Muhammad Samri in 329 HJ. After his death, the time period of “Ghaibat e Kubra” started which is still continued.
SIGNS OF ARRIVAL
It is definite that Imam Mehdi (as) will reappear again with the will of Allah and continue his work. There are many signs which will be shown to the world before his arrival. These signs are categorized into two major categories. The first categories are of compulsory signs which have to be shown or seen before the arrival of Imam Mahdi (as). While the other category is of non-compulsory signs which are not sure that they will be shown or not.
THE TEN SIGNS
After the arrival of Imam Mehdi (as), he will rule all over the world from East to West and North to South. Every single piece of land would be in his territory. Although there are many signs which are compulsory before the arrival of Imam Mahdi (as). Here we will discuss only 10 signs and will try to mention other signs later on in upcoming articles.
- Ladies will resemble men and vice versa.
- Prayers will be leftover with intentions.
- People will not follow the rules made obligatory by Islam. Killing people will be considered an easy and common task.
- Unwanted profit i.e. “Sood” will be common in society. Speaking the truth will be considered as a bad habit while lying would be promoted.
- Consumption of alcohol will be common.
- The wealth of Allah and his messenger will be considered as booty while wealth gathered from the charity will be used in inappropriate ways.
- People who will be waiting for Imam Mehdi (as) will be disgusted and will show hate and curse each other.
- Imam Sajjad (as) predicted about heavy flood and rain situations in Najaf, Karbala and fire in Hijaz, that time will be near to the arrival of Imam Mehdi (as)
- The Holy Prophet (PBUH) predicted the solar eclipse in the middle of the month of Ramzan and Lunar eclipse at the end of the same month. These eclipses will be in the same year.
- Imam Sadiq (as) narrated about three different armies that are Sufiyan, Yemani and Khurasani. They all will exodus in the same year and on the same day.
Imam Mehdi (as) is the savour of humanity. His appearance will result in peace and prosperity. Being a believer and lover we should pray for his immediate appearance.
- Alamat e Zahoor Imam Mehdi (as)
- 14 Sitaray